Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Another Thank You

It is truly a miserable day here is southeast Pennsylvania.
Intermittent showers, chilly, dreary, yuck!
My grandson has a ball game this evening, 
but I'll be surprised if that happens. 

Things are looking up!  
My DH just brought in the mail and there's a package for me. 
I really want to tear into it.
However, restraint is in order if I want to finish this post.

Yesterday, while making a few DT cards, I die cut a piece of cs, added adhesive, stuck it on the card, decided I didn't like it, carefully peeled it back off the card, and needed a place to put a sticky die cut.  Rooting through my closest box of dp, I came across a piece that matched the die cut.  This particular piece of paper was a freebie from inside one of my craft magazines and a bit on the thin side.  I usually like to emboss these papers.  Finding a NBUS embossing folder I forgot I had, the card became a Thank You.  
And that, my friends, is how this creation came to be.
I took the photo on a wonky angle so you could see the embossing.
 The die cuts are from ODBD; the stamp is by CTMH; and the flowers were fussy cut from the remaining piece of dp and popped.

Challenges:

************
Normally, on Tuesday afternoons I am happily in the company of some crafty friends making CTMH cards in Joyce's basement.  However, no class today.  But here are the cards we made last week:




 
 And the 4th card we attempted to make just didn't work out. 
 I brought mine home, used some of the pieces and made this one.
 


Now, I am going to open my  package.
Please Do Not Disturb!

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card! Glad you were able to make something you like from something you didn't! Love it when things work out that way! And that rain...I got caught in it going to work this morning...so glad I closed the house windows before I left!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well your card is bright and beautiful even if the weather isn't! (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy!! Beautiful cards!! I especially love the first with all the purple and blue flowers. The day may have been miserable but your card is bright and cheery! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enjoyed whatever was in your package:) Please visit the SAS4Kids blog and send me an email to get you your win. khasheck at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a vibrant and pretty creation! Thank you for sharing your card and joining in my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful bright and cheerful card, lovely colours. I like the embossing in the background too. Thanks for joining our flower challenge at Fussy and Fancy. Marlies

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.