Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Joyful Stars Close to My Heart November Blog Hop

 photo JoyfulStarsBlogHopBadge3_zpsa824a544.jpg
Welcome to the Joyful Stars November blog hop, where a group of talented Close to My Heart consultants, and me, gather to share ideas with you in a fun blog hop. 
My card this month is a variation of the double curtain fold.
For some reason, every time I put adhesive on the back of a double curtain fold my eye saw an evergreen tree.  Now that it's time to put Christmas trees on cards, I thought I'd give a double curtain fold tree a try.  
Actually, I had no choice.  My stupid brain was not going to let me create anything else until I did! 

What do you think?


The card above was made using some CTMH retired paper.  
Here's a version using the current CTMH Oh Deer Paper and some of the beautiful Sea Glass glitter paper.

 Looks like a tree to me!

Now, since this is a blog hop you might have arrived here from Andrea Sherman's blog.
Your next stop is Marie Flayer's blog.   The hop is circular. So if you are just starting here, simply continue hopping until you find your way back, making the full circle.  If you get lost, the complete list of participants is on Joyce's blog.  


Challenges:
Scrap from your Heart Challenge #3 - Christmas 
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Shine Bright Like A Diamond
Love to Scrap Challenge #89 - Fancy Fold
Try it on Tuesdays Challenge - Trees
Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge #84 - Trees
Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #97 - Use a Sentiment

14 comments:

  1. What a cute idea for a special fold on a card! You are so clever. I love how you turned the folds into a tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cards! Love the fun fold trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The folded trees are such a great centerpiece on your cards. Thank you for sharing this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So neat Debi...and I don't think I've ever created a card with this double fold before. Love how you incorporated it into a tree! Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your folded trees!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous folded trees--I love this! It looks great on both cards. Thanks for inspiring me today!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theses are both beautiful and such a clever idea! I laughed when you said you couldn't create anything else until you did it! I know exactly what you mean!! So pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday ! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the tree design and the colours you have chosen

    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are great and its a wonderful tree design. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards, love the gorgeous tree, it looks amazing. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your tree !!! Thanks for joining us for our Christmas Tree Challenge at Holly Jolly. Good Luck. Hope to see you again soon.
    Lynn, Holly Jolly DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you hate when your crafty brain just won't stop rolling an idea around?! But it worked! These trees have so much dimension to them!

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Use a Sentiment challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the tree!! They both are great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely christmas card :-)
    Thanks for joining our challenge "Christmas"

    Hugs, Astrid DT
    Scrap From Your Heart

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.