Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Before I turn on the oven....

to make just a few batches of Christmas cookies,  
I'll post these CAS birthday cards for Red Hat friends.
There was a time when I made a couple dozen different kinds of Christmas cookies, but there also comes a time when you smack yourself in the head and ask, Why?  My DH has to watch his sugar now and I don't need to eat all that sugar either.  I no longer need cookie trays for everyone at work.  Thankfully, I'm retired.  Anyone who misses a certain type of cookie is welcome to my recipe.
But, a few of my favorites are still on today's agenda.

Here are the cards I promised, super simple, one embossed and the other debossed (I goofed up the stamping and just flipped it over.):

Birthday sentiment stamp is CTMH.

Challenges: 
Double Click Challenge - Something New (The embossing folder is new.)
Happy Little Stampers December CAS Challenge - Favorite Technique (embossing) 
Seize the Birthday Challenge - Anything Goes; Toppings Red & White (Hope you don't mind a bit of purple, too.) 
Crafting From the Heart Challenge #51 - Always Anything Goes 


And now, to the mixer............ 

11 comments:

  1. Way to save your card and just go with the de-bossed one as well! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Embossed, debossed...who cares as long as it's gorgeous, which it is! Lovely work. Thanks for joining the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge.

    Terri ~ Skittles Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, my friend! And I can smell the cookies from here. :-D Fortunately, my DIL did the Christmas cookie baking this year and most of them were gone before I arrived so my diabetes wasn't really tempted all that much. I'm wishing a very Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and beautiful. Love the design and the embossed and debossed cards. Great way to save the mistake. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness I've done that before, but with your card either way looks beautiful! I really like that embossing folder.

    Thanks for joining us over at Doubleclick Skittles Challenge!
    Lori-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so beautiful. Love the gorgeous look you created.
    Thanks for joining us for the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge.

    Kim
    Skittles DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh..really like the look of the debossed side used for the card. I know it wasn't intentional, but it looks great!

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love that elegant embossing. Thank you for sharing at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this embossed and debossed, Debi! Perfect for your Red Hat friends! Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! Great embossing folder! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with DoubleClick Skittles!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.